Some call them webinars. We call ’em Fishinars!
Fishie fun in the comfort of your own home. Great for first-timers or those wanting a review. These short, free webinars will teach you the finer points of identifying fish and invertebrates underwater.
- We use common names, not scientific names, and focus on how to ID each critter.
- Fishinars help divers learn how to become citizen scientists and help monitor marine life on their recreational dives. Data gathered goes into REEF’s online database to help students, researchers, scientists, etc.
- Fishinars are open to divers, snorkelers, and devout landlubbers alike. Anyone wanting to know more about our local underwater residents is welcome to join in.
- You don’t need a microphone or a webcam to be able to participate
- iPad, iPhone and iPod users – there is a free Citrix Online GoToMeeting app that will allow you to view our Fishinars, but the interface does not support full participation (you won’t be able to raise your hand, type in questions or answers, etc.) So just a heads up!
To read more follow this link to REEF
© 2013, admin. All rights reserved.